Friday, May 9, 2008

The triplets are trying to make an early entrance!

Well, we've had some excitement the last few days..... I went in for my doctor's appointment on Weds and found out I was 3 cm dialated and having contractions every 2 minutes (which I couldn't feel). They whisked me over to the woment's hospital into labor and delivery and I underwent a bunch of tests and they decided to admit me into the hospital for a couple of days. It was a little scary at first because they were talking like they might have to do an emergency c-section and to make matters worse, Luke was in Louisville trying to make his way home to Chicago. Luckily my mom was with me, but it definitely wasn't the same. Poor guy, I felt worse for him than me...I at least knew what was going on - he was stuck in an airport delayed because of weather. Good news is that they didn't have to deliver the babies.

So, I'm now on stricter bedrest, which I actually welcome wholeheartedly. For a while there it looked like I was going to have to stay in the hospital for the rest of the pregnancy, which really would have stunk (no wireless internet access!!!) Basically this level of bedrest means that they want me to stay on the floor of the house that has a bathroom and to either be laying down on my side or sitting in a reclining position. No more going up and down stairs, getting my own food, etc. Luckily I can take a 5 minute shower every day - compared to other stories I've heard of people on bed rest, this is definitely not that bad.

Needless to say both Luke and I are exhausted, but happy that I'm home and we are all just keeping our fingers crossed that we can keep the buns in the oven for a few more weeks!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Glad to hear that you guys are all safe! A few more weeks of bedrest is exactly what you need before having triplets!!! I think all women should be on bedrest at least a week before the baby arrives!! LOL. Now that we all know you are in bed--I expect more blogging! Take care of yourself and look forward to following along the next few weeks (and beyond, of course!)