Hi everyone!
I'm (Luke) taking over the blog! Don't worry, it is on a temporary basis. Your regularly scheduled writer will return soon.
Well, they're here! I think I emailed everyone in the last day or two about our wonderful news. Or, you were able to find out through our families. If I haven't, I apologize.
Just a recap: After about 12 hours of labor, Becky delivered our 3 princesses on Monday, May 12th at an even 31 weeks. We were hoping for a few more weeks, but the girls had their own ideas. Baby A's water broke on Monday morning precipitating the flurry of activity. (I guess we know who is going to rule the roost!) Here are the vitals:
Anna McKenzie (Baby A), 5:10pm, 2 lb, 15 oz
Sasha Kathleen (Baby B), 5:11pm, 3 lb, 2 oz
Sasha Kathleen (Baby B), 5:11pm, 3 lb, 2 oz
Josephine Janina (Baby C), 5:12pm, 3 lb, 3.5 oz
Becky had a C-section and it went very well. No complications. This was Becky's first time going into surgery and she performed wonderfully. She was a champ and I'm very proud of her! The girls are doing well. They are breathing on their own which is wonderful news, since babies born this premature have respiratory difficulties and usually need help. Their first night went equally well. Today, they had their first feeding through a feeding tube, about 3 cc each.
They will probably stay in the hospital until they get to their original due date which is July 14. However, if they continue to do well, they may be able to come home eariler. Also, they probably won't all come home at the same time. They usually stagger them...mostly for the parents' sake. I can't imagine bringing home 3 babies at the same time. We are very fortunate that the trips are off to a good start. We pray that they continue to do well and hope that their hospital stay is short.
Here are some pictures:
Josephine settling into her new temporary home.
Sasha chilling out.
Sasha already took a pacifier...but spit it out soon after.And finally, our little troublemaker who started Monday's activities, Anna.
We thought the McMahon chin would skip a generation. We weren't that lucky! Poor Anna.


4 comments:
They are just beautiful little girls!! And I LOVE their names!!
Congratulations mom & dad! You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Love, "Auntie" Jessica
Congratulations!! They are absolutely beautiful. I am beyond thrilled for you guys - all the best!!
Love,
Ashley & Adam
Awesome. Way to go guys. Congrats on three perfect little girls. You are in our thoughts.
Love,
Toni, Rich, Jacob and Ryan
You both must be SO happy and rightfully so. Thank God that all turned out well. Wishing you all the best with your 3 beautiful little angels.
Love,
Mimi
Post a Comment