Their favorite night nurse, Tracy, took these snapshots of the girls.
So peaceful.....

Party time!

The girls have made some amazing strides in the last several days. All 3 are in open air cribs and all 3 are eating from a bottle on their own, so no more feeding tubes! They are mastering the 3 things they need to do before they can come home - eat from a bottle exclusively, maintain their own temperature and breathe on their own. The babies have small boughts of apnea (just like adults get sleep apnea where their heart rate drops) every once in a while, so once they are apnea-free for 5 days, they can come home! They seem to have their own little competition going as to who will come home first...hopefully our little over-achievers don't wind up all coming home at the same time!!!
Here are some recent weights on the girls:
Sasha - 3 lbs. 14 oz.
Anna & Josephine - 3 lbs. 12 oz.
In case anybody is interested in Luke and I (ha-ha) - we're doing good. I'm feeling much more like myself and have been able to do more around the house to get it ready for the big homecoming. Luke has been back at work for a couple of weeks and will take his 3 week paternity leave when the girls all come home. Tomorrow is his 34th birthday, so we're going to go out for a quiet dinner - just the two of us. We need to take advantage of these last few days of peace and quiet! I'm going to see the Sex and the City movie on Saturday night and I know it will be one of the last movies I go out to see for a long time!
Who is who in the pictures? Left to right - Josephine, Sasha, Anna


5 comments:
Becky and Luke,
They are PRECIOUS!!! I love reading your blog and seeing just how well those girls are doing. It is a miracle. Enjoy your 'quiet time' because you know what's ahead for the next few years. But, SO WELL WORTH IT! Say hi to Mom & Dad for us!
Love,
The Geigers
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PAPA LUKE!!
Your little girls are so beautiful! I can't wait to meet them...Don't be mad if I'm not able to tell them apart! :)
Love to you all,
Jessica
Hi Becky and Luke:
Every day I look at your blog to see if there are new photos and what good news await. They are ADORABLE!!! What a blessing they are to all concerned. Surely wish we were nearby so we could meet them when they come home.
Our best to you all!
Love,
Sheila and George
They are so adorable!! I am so glad to hear you are feeling good (Becky--well, and Luke, too!). As much as I want you to have them all home, I am with you--hopefully not all at the same time! We'll be checking back in!!
I'm so glad things are going well! I love the blog so hopefully you'll have time to keep it going - even after the girls come home.
Summer
Post a Comment